Hong Kong Lacrosse Open 2021 - Youth Festival
6-a-side tournament - Ages 12-16
U12 tournament - Ages 8-12
Stanley Ho Sports Centre
The University of Hong Kong Sports Centre
10 Sha Wan Dr, Sandy Bay
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Open 6-a-side tournament will take place at the Stanley Ho Sports Centre Baseball field. Exact game times and rules will be released at a later date. Teams can expect to play 3-4 games throughout the day. Interested teams are required to pay a registration fee of 2,500HKD before January 8th 2021. There will be a boys and girls division. Exact dates to be confirmed.
- 6 Players on the field at any one time. Including a goalie.
- No more than 15 players per team.
- To be eligible, players must have been born before April 1st, 2009 and after April 1st 2004.
- Players are expected to wear all protective equipment listed in the Men’s and Women’s World Lacrosse Field Rule books.
- Teams must have a goalie.
- Games will be played on a smaller field.
- One player must remain on-side for either team at any given time. I.e., one player back on defense when team is on offence and vice-versa.
U12 Youth Tournament
- 5 players per-side at any given time, including a goalie.
- No more than 12 players per team. Teams will be composed of both boys and girls.
- To be eligible, players must have been born before April 1st, 2013 and after April 1st 2009.
- No stick or body checking.
- Goal is 4ft by 4ft with a crease area for the goalie.
- Goalies are required.
- Team closest to the ball when and where it goes out of bounds after a shot will be rewarded the ball.
- 12 minute halves.
- Women’s style draw to start each half.