Hong Kong Lacrosse Open 2020 - Youth Festival
Saturday April 11th: 6-a-side tournament - Ages 12-16
Sunday April 12th: U12 tournament - Ages 8-12
Stanley Ho Sports Centre
The University of Hong Kong Sports Centre
10 Sha Wan Dr, Sandy Bay
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Open 6-a-side tournament will take place at the Stanley Ho Sports Centre Baseball field on Saturday, April 11th. Exact game times and rules will be released at a later date. Teams can expect to play 3-4 games throughout the day. Interested teams are required to pay a registration fee of 2,500HKD before January 10th 2020. There will be a boys and girls division.
- 6 Players on the field at any one time. Including a goalie.
- No more than 15 players per team.
- To be eligible, players must have been born before April 10th, 2008 and after April 10th 2003.
- Players are expected to wear all protective equipment listed in the Men’s and Women’s World Lacrosse Field Rule books.
- Teams must have a goalie.
- Games will be played on a smaller field.
- One player must remain on-side for either team at any given time. I.e., one player back on defense when team is on offense and vice-versa.
U12 Youth Tournament
- 5 players per-side at any given time, including a goalie.
- No more than 12 players per team. Teams will be composed of both boys and girls.
- To be eligible, players must have been born before April 10th, 2012 and after April 10th 2008.
- No stick or body checking.
- Goal is 4ft by 4ft with a crease area for the goalie.
- Goalies are required.
- Team closest to the ball when and where it goes out of bounds after a shot will be rewarded the ball.
- 12 minute halves.
- Women’s style draw to start each half.